SEACOAST CAMERA CLUB BYLAWS
AMENDMENT APPROVED ON 3/10/2009
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Seacoast Camera Club.
ARTICLE II: PURPOSE
The purpose of the Seacoast Camera Club is to promote appreciation for the art of photography. This club is open to both amateur and professional photographers who would like to improve and share their skills of photography.
ARTICLE III: MEETINGS
- The camera club shall hold regularly scheduled meetings during the program year beginning in September and ending in May.
- The club shall hold an annual awards program after the final competition meeting of the program year.
- A calendar of regularly scheduled meetings must be completed and published before the start of the program year.
- The current elected officers may call special meetings at any time.
ARTICLE IV: ELECTED OFFICERS
- The elected officers of the Seacoast Camera Club shall be the President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Elected officers must be members in good standing.
ARTICLE VI: TERMS OF OFFICE
- One full term of office is equal to one (1) year.
- An elected officer not hold more than one (1) elective office at any one time.
- The President and Vice-President may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms
- The Secretary and Treasurer may serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
ARTICLE VII: ELECTIONS
- Elections will be held annually as determined by the standing rules.
- Voting shall be by secret ballot for all offices.
- Each member in good standing shall be entitled to one (1) vote.
ARTICLE VIII: VACANT ELECTED OFFICE
- In the event that the office of the President is vacated, the Vice-President immediately assumes the office of the President. In the event of any other vacated office, the President shall nominate, and upon a majority vote by the President and current elected officers shall elect a temporary officer to fill that position for the completion of that term.
ARTICLE IX: QUORUM
- A quorum of the membership for the purpose of conducting club business shall comprise one-fourth (1/4) of the membership and two (2) elected officers in attendance on the night of any club business.
ARTICLE X: AMENDMENTS
- Amendments to the Bylaws of the Seacoast Camera Club may be proposed at any meeting in writing.
- All members must be notified in writing of the date of the meeting for voting on the proposed amendment three (3) weeks in advance. Notification via the AllMembers Email list shall be deemed sufficient.
- Any proposed amendment(s) submitted during the last three (3) meetings of the a program year will be tabled and brought up as new business at the first meeting of the following program year.